Beyond Pulchritude

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

steps of faith


I applied for a part-time job this morning. Before I put the envelope with my application letter into my boss's box I sat in my swivel chair for a second and asked once more, "Is this the right time God?"

"Yes," Jesus answered.

"And can I trust you?," I asked.

"Yes, you can trust me," he replied.

"Okay I trust you."

I don't understand how God is able to get us to do things that are so contrary to logic. I just applied to take a part-time job so that I can work at a coffee shop that hasn't even opened. The timing of his steps are so out of order when compared with my idea of the logical progression of things.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways." Isa 55:8

It humbles and baffles me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home